Friday, March 2, 2007

YieldGard VT new to the field

Right after the Soy2020 press conference, Monsanto jumped right in to introduce YieldGard VT. Dion McBay, U.S. Marketing Manager for Asgrow and DEKALB soybeans spoke to me about the new seed technology yesterday. I can tell he truly cares about the product and had a lot of good information for me, providing me with an overview of what benefit YieldGard VT will provide for farmers.

Tami Craig Schilling mediated the press conference this morning. By the way, Alyssa and I love Tami. She is fun, entertaining and great to work for because she cares about not only how we are doing, but what we are getting out of the internship. So, now I will get off my little soap box and move on with the Press Conference. Ernesto Fajardo, vice president of Monsanto’s U.S. crop production business kicked things off and Dion followed with great insight to what the product will do for U.S. farmers. He talked about what kind of insect control the crop provides and the genetics that went into improving the YieldGard product.

No comments: