Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's officially the first day and everything is underway...

Tyne


Although many people arrived yesterday and groups have already been getting together discussing issues and setting policy, today is when the Trade Show opens. That is a major part of the Classic, and I will have more on that later. Our morning started at 9 a.m. and Alyssa Bane, the other intern, and I had a short walk over. So, we grabbed a quick picture overlooking some water and this is calm me. I guarantee you will be able to tell when things get really hectic by the photos and my appearance.

Tyne Interviewing


First thing this morning, we met with Willie Vogt, Corporate Editorial Director for Farm Progress Companies. Farm Futures and Rural Life magazine are just a couple of their publications. As I mentioned earlier, a total of 5,000 people will be here this week. Not only is that company representatives, producers and representatives from the National Corn Growers Association, American Soybean Association and for the first year, the National Association of Wheat Growers, but media, and specifically agricultural journalists. So, while I had Vogt cornered, I interviewed him about how agricultural journalism has changed and where he sees it going. Vogt didn’t come in with an agricultural background, so it was interesting to see what kind of things he had to overcome within the industry.

We also talked to Chuck Zimmerman, who linked us from his blog! Thanks, Chuck!

2 comments:

jstpeters said...

Keep up the good work, Tyne! Great to see that you're having so many cool experiences in the industry.

Just so you know, I've warned Alyssa about you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Willie Vogt is so much fun! Your picture by the water is beautiful.