Friday, March 2, 2007

Trade remains a key issue for producers here at the Classic

U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab was on hand today for producers. After she spoke upstairs in the Convention Center, she came down for a short press conference, and I mean short. I recorded it for your listening pleasure.

Now, I thought I would go and get a great deal of information out of the press conference, but they only let her speak for a short time. ALthough she was limited to what she could say, she did have some interesting points. She is a great speaker who really captivates the audience. Trade is a major issue right now with deals needing to be made and a lot not getting done, especially with the upcoming Farm Bill. 2007 could be another tough year as far as trade goes, but we’ll see, I know everyone here is stressed out with the Farm Bill, wanting to be heard in the writing process. But, Susan answered what she had time for reminding us all, trade deals need to be made.

No comments: