Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bloggin' about Podcastin'

Another portion of our Ag J capstone course will be dedicated to learning how to podcast. As a person who started broadcasting at age 16 and currently going through the broadcast sequence at MU, I am looking forward to this portion of the course. 1) I can help teach others and 2) I can learn even more about what goes into making a successful podcast.

One of my favorite podcasts is "This American Life." I like it becasue of the approach they take. It's very conversational and as a listner, I like to hear people talking to me, not at me.

As a broadcaster, I strive to do pieces that are more like this so I can connect more with our listeners. At Brownfield, my boss Cyndi always tried to get me to be more conversational. And believe, I try very hard to accomplish this. But I know still have a lot of work to do.

As a podcast, I think this does a great job of providing information in an entertaining way, as well.

So, I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

No comments: